Classes resume for Sandy Hook students Thursday

To view this site, you need to have Flash Player 9.0.115 or later installed. Click here to get the latest Flash player.

January 1, 2013, 5:19 pm
SHARE THIS POST
Print Article


(NECN) - Classes will resume Thursday for survivors of the deadly shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Students will be taking classes at a vacant school building in the neighboring town of Monroe.
     
An open house is set for Wednesday.

The students' old school -- Sandy Hook Elementary -- remains closed because of last month's shooting, in which 26 people - including 20 children -- were killed.

Meanwhile, a lawyer who was seeking to sue the state for $100 million over the Newtown shooting has withdrawn his claim.

Irving Pinsky tells the Stamford Advocate that he's received new evidence on security and is reviewing it.
     
Pinsky says he may still refile the suit on behalf of a survivor.

He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.

Connecticut’s attorney general says there appears to be no basis to support the lawsuit or the state's liability.

Tags: lawsuit, Newtown, Conn., Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, Monroe, Irving Pinsky
RELATED STORIES
COMMENTS
On last day of the expo at Hynes Convention Center, veteran runners spoke as massive crowds congregated at Copley Square
'Carbo-loading' event on eve of Boston Marathon featured upbeat music and high spirits
Boston buried Detroit in Easter matchup; first round of Stanley Cup Playoffs even at 1 game apiece