No injuries reported after gas leak at Springfield, Mass. school

February 25, 2014, 12:14 pm
Print Article

(NECN) - The Springfield, Mass. fire department confirmed that an elementary school was evacuated Tuesday morning for a very minor gas leak.

Beal Elementary School was evacuated as crews responded.

The source was the furnace room on the lower floor.

Repairs were made and faculty and students were let back in to the school.

There were no injuries or transports reported.

Tags: massachusetts, gas leak, Springfield, evacuation, Beal Elementary School
Reports of partial building and roof collapses; no immediate reports of serious injuries
A severe storm touched down in the city, causing flooding and damage to buildings
Police in Duxbury, Mass. responded to report of suspicious package in intersection