Fire official: Discarded cigarette cause of Hamden, Conn. fire

February 26, 2014, 5:24 am
SHARE THIS POST
Print Article


(NECN) - Hamden Conn.’s fire marshal reports the cause of Monday night's fire at an apartment complex was due to a discarded cigarette.
     
The fire started around 11:00 p.m. on the first floor patio at Aspen Glen Apartments and quickly spread.
     
Three people were taken to the hospital as a precaution and more than two dozen were displaced.

Icy conditions made it difficult to fight the fire.

Tags: connecticut, Fire, investigation, Hamden, cigarette, desiplaced
RELATED STORIES
COMMENTS
chism
Philip Chism is charged with attacking a female DYS worker while awaiting his trial in the death of Colleen Ritzer
The body was found in Waterbury, Conn. on a small street with abandoned lots
MIT Officer Sean Collier was allegedly murdered by the Boston Marathon bombing suspects 4 days after the attack