Christy Mihos won't face domestic assault charges in Fla.

To view this site, you need to have Flash Player 9.0.115 or later installed. Click here to get the latest Flash player.

March 1, 2012, 2:39 pm
SHARE THIS POST
Print Article


(NECN) - Florida police will not pursue domestic violence charges against former Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate Christy Mihos.

Police say there's not enough evidence, and Mihos’ wife Andrea is not cooperating.

Plus, her story has changed.
    
First, she claimed her husband injured her in a fight last week. She said they argued about him having sex with prostitutes.
    
However, she then claimed she hurt herself.
    
Christy Mihos still has a hearing on Cape Cod this month. A clerk magistrate will decide whether he should face a domestic assault and battery charge over another alleged incident involving his wife last summer. 

Christy Mihos released the following statement Thursday:
“Andrea and I have been married for almost 38 years, and I cherish the perfect wife she has always been. We are blessed with two wonderful children. I am now seeking the proper course of treatment to make myself a better husband, father and person. But I am not the perfect person and have made mistakes in judgment that have hurt the ones I love most. I am not the same man I was after major cancer surgery and a significant fall which left me unconscious and hurt me badly in December of 2009. I humbly ask that you respect the privacy of my marriage and my family. Christy Mihos.”

Tags: massachusetts, police , Christy Mihos, gubernatorial candidate, domestic assault and battery charges, andrea mihos
RELATED STORIES
COMMENTS
Philip Chism is charged with attacking a female DYS worker while awaiting his trial in the death of Colleen Ritzer
Taiwan's Central News Agency cites head of fire department of Penghu as saying 7 people also injured
The country's defense ministry says the jets were shot down in an eastern region of the country