Governor says mass transit resuming in Boston

April 19, 2013, 6:20 pm
SHARE THIS POST
Print Article


WATERTOWN, Mass. (AP) - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick says mass transit service is resuming in Boston even though one Boston Marathon bombing suspect is still on the lam.
    
Authorities in Boston had suspended all mass transit and warned close to 1 million people in the entire city and some of its suburbs to stay indoors as the hunt for one suspect went on. The other suspect, his brother, died in a desperate getaway attempt.
    
The brothers are suspects in Monday's marathon bombings, which killed three people and wounded more than 180 others. The men are also suspected of killing a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer in his vehicle late Thursday.
    
Patrick reminded people to "remain vigilant if you are out."

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Tags: massachusetts, MBTA, Deval Patrick, Watertown, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
RELATED STORIES
COMMENTS
Jeremiah Oliver of Fitchburg, Mass. has been missing since September
Sean Collier was killed 1 year ago when he was sitting in his cruiser, allegedly by the Boston Marathon bombing suspects
Handling of last year's bombing was critical for first responders, when all victims transported survived