To view this site, you need to have Flash Player 9.0.115 or later installed. Click here to get the latest Flash player.
(NECN) - Good weather and a gently improving economy have combined to build enthusiasm for a national open house weekend.
For tips for those looking to make a move in the real estate market, we turn to Trish McCarthy, who is president of the Massachusetts association of realtors.
- Spring is the busiest time of year for home sales
- 68-percent of buyers take advantage of open houses to buy in New England
- Nationally, only 45-percent of buyers do open houses
- Tour the house at your own pace
- Tour the neighborhood
- Use a realtor familiar with the neighborhood you’re interested in
- Take notes
- Know your wants and needs
- No house is perfect so know your priorities
McCarthy says you’ll get a better feel for a house when you visit it. She has more on the upcoming weekend, but for even more information, you can visit the national association of realtors website.