One Fund Boston funds distribution options proposed

To view this site, you need to have Flash Player 9.0.115 or later installed. Click here to get the latest Flash player.

May 7, 2013, 8:22 am
SHARE THIS POST
Print Article


(NECN: Julie Loncich) – In the three weeks since the Boston Marathon bombings, nearly $39 million has been raised by The One Fund Boston Inc.

Monday night was the first of two town meetings to discuss how the funds raised should be distributed to those affected by the bombings.

James Costello, a parent of one of the victims in the attack said there was no definite plan, but options set on the table.

Among those proposed to receive the most funding includes death claims, double amputations and permanent brain damage.

“Nobody will walk away happy,” said Ken Feinberg, administrator of the fund. “Happy is not a word you use to describe funds like this. Money is a very poor substitute for loss”

Julie Loncich has more.

To donate, check out this link.



Tags: bombing, Boston Marathon, proposal, distribution, funds, Julie Loncich, The One Fund Boston
RELATED STORIES
COMMENTS
Worcester County DA's office makes positive identification of Fitchburg boy last seen in September; his mother was charged in disappearance
Marathon fans and athletes, including some returning to finish last year's race, enjoy Copley Square preview
Donohue was shot and severely injured during the shoot-out with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects