Attorney: Widow of Boston bombing suspect will continue to cooperate

To view this site, you need to have Flash Player 9.0.115 or later installed. Click here to get the latest Flash player.

May 15, 2013, 6:28 am
Print Article

(NECN: Justin Michaels) - The new defense team for the widow of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev says she will cooperate with investigators, but they plan to keep details about their case quiet, fearing it could hurt the investigation.

Katherine Russell has been in the spotlight about her possible involvement in the bombings since we learned who the two bombing suspects are. She hasn't been charged with anything but she is under the watchful eye of the FBI. They follow her whenever she leaves her parents Rhode Island home.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, The remaining bombing suspect, says she didn't, but he also says the bombs were assembled in the Cambridge, Mass. apartment she shared with Tamerlan, begging the question, how couldn't she have known?

Meantime, Wednesday marks one month since the Boston Marathon bombings, and still many suffer from their wounds, and some are still recuperating in the hospital.

Two people whose lives will never be the same are JP and Paul Norden, two brothers who lost their right legs from the knee down when the bombs went off at the finish line while supporting a friend who was running in the marathon. Wednesday, their sisters and uncle will walk the 26.2 miles from Hopkinton, Mass. to Boylston Street to show their support of JP and Paul.

And recently the two brothers were reunited after more than two weeks apart.

They'll leave from Hopkinton this morning around nine and cross the finish line sometime later this afternoon. In addition to showing their support they also hope to raise money for their brothers benefit fund.

Justin Michaels has more.

Tags: investigation, Boston Marathon, Bombings, Tsarnaev, tamerlan, Justin Michales, Catherine Russell
Rescue crews in Marblehead and Salem are looking for person in distress near Satan's Rock, behind Children's Island
Thirty-seven hikers were rescued from Mt. Major in Alton, New Hampshire in two separate incidents over the weekend
A New Hampshire woman was given a $44 ticket after she stopped on the highway to rescue some ducklings