Boston police: 75 face charges in 'Operation H'

To view this site, you need to have Flash Player 9.0.115 or later installed. Click here to get the latest Flash player.

May 21, 2013, 11:29 pm
SHARE THIS POST
Print Article


(NECN:  Jennifer Eagan, Boston) – Seventy-five suspected criminals are now facing charges after a Boston Police sweep focused on Roxbury.

Thirty-three individuals were arrested as a part of "Operation H" Tuesday. Suffolk County District Attorney Dan Conley says evidence suggests those charged are involved in the drug trade in the area, but many will now be pressed for information on other crimes.

"We also believe they are involved in or have knowledge of other crimes that have occurred," Conley told reporters Tuesday.

The unsolved January shooting of Gabriel Clarke is one such case. Clarke, 13, was shot while walking to choir practice. He survived his injury, but the shooter has not been caught. "Operation H" began the week before that crime, but heightened in the days after.

"We certainly poured more resources after the shooting of the 13-year-old," Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said.

Ten of the individuals facing charges are still at large. Boston Police hope to make those arrests soon and head off summer violence.

Tags: Jennifer Eagan, Boston Police, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis, Suffolk County District Attorney Dan Conley, Operation H, drug sweep
RELATED STORIES
COMMENTS
Worcester County DA's office makes positive identification of Fitchburg boy last seen in September; his mother was charged in disappearance
Marathon fans and athletes, including some returning to finish last year's race, enjoy Copley Square preview
Donohue was shot and severely injured during the shoot-out with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects