Mass. governor: I got drunk after marathon manhunt

June 6, 2013, 9:54 am
SHARE THIS POST
Print Article


CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick says he went to his rural home the day after the surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect was captured and got "quite drunk" alone at a restaurant.
    
The Democrat made his comments Wednesday while visiting a Cambridge marketing firm.
    
Patrick says he was relieved that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was captured on April 19 because otherwise people would have been complaining about the "shelter in place" order he gave that day, locking down Boston and several suburbs.
    
Maggie Merelle, co-owner of the restaurant Rouge in West Stockbridge, told the Boston Herald that Patrick had a "glass of chardonnay or two" with dinner but wasn't drunk.
    
Patrick said he had no money and couldn't pay his bill. Merelle says he eventually settled his tab.
    
___
    
Information from: Boston Herald, http://www.bostonherald.com

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Tags: Deval Patrick, Governor, Watertown, manhunt, Tsarnaev
RELATED STORIES
COMMENTS
Worcester County DA's office makes positive identification of Fitchburg boy last seen in September; his mother was charged in disappearance
Marathon fans and athletes, including some returning to finish last year's race, enjoy Copley Square preview
Donohue was shot and severely injured during the shoot-out with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects