Vt. man accused of choking child

June 20, 2013, 7:44 am


BENNINGTON, Vt. (AP) — A Vermont man has been accused of choking an 8-year-old child three times has been arrested on assault and obstruction of justice charges.

Thirty-five-year-old William Borden of North Bennington has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The Rutland Herald reports (http://bit.ly/19UxqXg) in an affidavit, police said they spoke with the child on June 3. The child said Borden had choked him on three occasions, at the child's home, in a car after a baseball game and at the home of an unidentified witness in Shaftsbury.

The obstructing justice charge was filed based on allegations by the witness that Borden had tried to intimidate her while she was trying to describe what happened to police.

It wasn't immediately known if Borden had a lawyer.

___

Information from: Rutland Herald,

Tags:
RELATED STORIES
COMMENTS
Police detonated two backpacks that were left unattended, arrested 25-year-old Kevin Edson
Program of rememberance and hope was held on anniversary of last year's bombings
Patrick Downes, David Yepez, Luis Yepez and Adrianne Haslet-Davis talk about how their lives have changed since April 15, 2013