To view this site, you need to have Flash Player 9.0.115 or later installed. Click here to get the latest Flash player.
(NECN) – Friday night is the Boston Celtics home opener.
This week’s very New England sports bar series takes us to the Scoreboard Sports Bar and Grill in Woburn, Mass.
The address is 15 Middlesex Canal Park Drive.
The most popular menu item is the New York sirloin topped with Cabernet blue cheese sauce and Scoreboard’s onion rings.
Owner David Masse shows us his tips for a sizzling New York sirloin.
HOW TO MAKE SCOREBOARD’S NY SIRLOIN:
1. Season the Sirloin Steak with salt and pepper. Make sure to do so on both sides of the steak.
2. Grill the steak for 3 minutes and then rotate it 90 degrees, grilling the steak for another 3 minutes. This will give the steak fantastic grill marks.
3. Flip the steak over. Follow the same steps on the other side. This 12 minute total cooking time process will give you a perfectly juicy, Medium Rare steak.
4. Plate the steak, and top it with our homemade cabernet blue cheese sauce (David will not go through the sauce ingredients but please tell viewers they will be on the web!)
a. Cabernet Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe: In a sauté pan, reduce down Cabernet wine, shallots, garlic, blue cheese, butter, salt and pepper, and fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, and basil).
5. Garnish with Scoreboard’s delicious onion rings (battered with seasoned flour and buttermilk)