Mass. Gov. Patrick, Boston Mayor-elect Walsh meet at State House

To view this site, you need to have Flash Player 9.0.115 or later installed. Click here to get the latest Flash player.

November 18, 2013, 2:17 pm
Print Article

(NECN: Alison King, Boston) – Boston Mayor-elect Marty Walsh took another step getting ready for his new job by meeting with Mass. Gov. Deval Patrick at the Statehouse.

The two men have met many times during Walsh’s tenure as a state legislator.

Walsh just got back from a week-long vacation. He left just a few days after his election with his longtime girlfriend.

The two appeared together outside Gov. Patrick’s office. But first, the two met for about 25 minutes behind closed doors. No one was allowed inside, but we did hear that they talked a little bit about their backgrounds and they talked about the fact that neither of their parents could ever possibly see them in the positions they’re holding now.

They also seemed to have a very good rapport with each other as they come out from the meeting and joked a little bit with the press.

Gov. Patrick said they’ve had a great friendship and a good partnership and he’s looking forward to continuing that in Walsh’s new position.

“Boston is a strong city. It can be stronger. Marty has some great ideas about how to do that, and as I said, we look forward to working with him to advance his agenda, and most importantly to advance the agenda of the people of the Commonwealth,” Patrick said.

Walsh said they had a great meeting and he looks forward to building upon their relationship.

The Boston Mayor-elect said he’ll start to roll out information about his transition in the coming days, but he did say don’t expect to hear who he’ll be appointing to chief of staff.

Tags: Boston, Massachusetts Governor, Deval Patrick, Alison King, Marty Walsh, Massachusetts Statehouse, boston mayor-elect
Weather officials warn drivers not to drive into flooded waters; turn around, don't drown!
Police confirm a vehicle struck a 58-year-old man in Chelsea, Mass.
Abigail Hernandez returned home after missing for 9 months