General Mills is recalling four types of Nature Valley bars as part of a larger recall over listeria in sunflower seeds.
The company said it would call back Protein Chewy Bars and Simple Nuts Bars in four flavor combinations: honey, peanut and almond with pumpkin seeds; peanut, almond and dark chocolate; roasted peanut and honey; and almond, cashew and sea salt.
General Mills said it has received no reports of illnesses related to the products.
Consumers should throw out the recalled bars and call 866-896-4365 for a replacement.
The recall applies to the following products:
- Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar: Honey, Peanut & Almond with Pumpkin Seeds (five count) with UPC 000-16000-47196
- Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar: Peanut, Almond & Dark Chocolate (five count) with UPC 000-16000-45724
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar: Roasted Peanut & Honey (four count) with UPC 000-16000-46475
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar Roasted Peanut & Honey (16 count) with UPC 000-16000-41308
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar: Almond, Cashew & Sea Salt (four count) with UPC 000-16000-46474
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar: Almond, Cashew & Sea Salt (25 count) with UPC 000-16000-41301
It stems from a massive recall by SunOpta, a Minnesota-based supplier that found listeria contamination in some of its sunflower seeds in May. Clif bars and Kashi products have also been affected by the SunOpta recall.
More information about the Nature Valley recall is availabe through the Food and Drug Administration.