One building was destroyed and one building was damaged by a fire early Monday morning in Derry, New Hampshire.
According to Derry Fire, the fire at 70L Derryfield Road, a duplex, broke out around 2:30 a.m.
The fire extended to the outside of 66 Derryfield Road, but was quickly extinguished.
All occupants made it safely out of the building, but there were reports two cats were still trapped inside. Firefighters found one and believe the other made it out on its own.
A male and female lived in 70L and two adult females lived in 70R. The Red Cross is assisting them.
The building at70 Derryfield Road is considered a total loss.
Officials believe the fire started from an unattended fire in a portable pit that extended into the building.
There were no injuries.