2 Pets Killed in House Fire - NECN
Vermont

Vermont

The latest news from around the state

2 Pets Killed in House Fire

Fire officials say a bathroom ceiling fan is the suspected cause of a fire that damaged a two-family home and killed two pets in Highgate, Vermont

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    2 Pets Killed in House Fire
    File - Getty Images

    Fire officials say a bathroom ceiling fan is the suspected cause of a fire that damaged a two-family home and killed two pets in Highgate, Vermont.

    The fire broke out on the second floor Wednesday night.

    The residents were not home at the time although officials say the home did have working smoke alarms. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the second floor and roof.

    The damage is estimated at $200,000.

    The American Red Cross is helping the families with housing and clothing.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.