Classes Resume for Sandy Hook Students Thursday

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Students will go back to school at a vacant building in neighboring town of Monroe, Conn. (Published Friday, Jan 17, 2014)

    (NECN) - Classes will resume Thursday for survivors of the deadly shooting in Newtown, Conn.

    Students will be taking classes at a vacant school building in the neighboring town of Monroe.
         
    An open house is set for Wednesday.

    The students' old school -- Sandy Hook Elementary -- remains closed because of last month's shooting, in which 26 people - including 20 children -- were killed.

    Meanwhile, a lawyer who was seeking to sue the state for $100 million over the Newtown shooting has withdrawn his claim.

    Irving Pinsky tells the Stamford Advocate that he's received new evidence on security and is reviewing it.
         
    Pinsky says he may still refile the suit on behalf of a survivor.

    He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.

    Connecticut’s attorney general says there appears to be no basis to support the lawsuit or the state's liability.