2 Deaths Linked to Carbon Monoxide

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A day of shoveling turned tragic for people trying to stay warm (Published Friday, Jan 17, 2014)

    (NECN: John Monahan, Boston) - In Boston's Mattapan neighborhood, a young man in his early 20s died after he got into his car to warm-up while shoveling.

    Earlier Saturday, there was a tragic death of a young boy in Dorchester, Mass., also likely the result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

    In East Boston, two children climbed inside their vehicle to warm up after clearing snow around the car. Fortunately the children did not die, but did receive care at Mass General Hospital.

    Experts say people should roll down windows if they decide to sit inside their car while it's running.

    NECN's John Monahan has the complete story.