Fire Official: Discarded Cigarette Cause of Hamden, Conn. Fire

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    (NECN) - Hamden Conn.’s fire marshal reports the cause of Monday night's fire at an apartment complex was due to a discarded cigarette.

    The fire started around 11:00 p.m. on the first floor patio at Aspen Glen Apartments and quickly spread.

    Three people were taken to the hospital as a precaution and more than two dozen were displaced.

    Icy conditions made it difficult to fight the fire.