Hibachi Grill Cause of 4-Alarm Fire at Dartmouth College Dorm | NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Hibachi Grill Cause of 4-Alarm Fire at Dartmouth College Dorm

More than 70 students were displaced early Saturday morning

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    File Photo

    A four-alarm fire broke out in a Dartmouth College dorm early Saturday morning, according to the Hanover Fire Department.

    The blaze was reported in Morton Hall just after midnight. The fire department was able to knock the fire down.

    Seventy-one students were displaced and given emergency housing Friday night and temporary housing on campus Saturday.

    No injuries were reported.

    The State Fire Marshall announced Sunday that students had been using a hibachi style charcoal grill on a flat section of roof outside a dorm window. The grill was left unattended and a fire started.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android