Five people were arrested following a brawl at Chuck E. Cheese's in Everett, Massachusetts over the weekend.
Police assigned to a detail at the Gateway Mall and Shopping Center on Dec. 17 said they were called to investigate a report of adults consuming prohibited alcoholic beverages at Chuck E. Cheese's.
When the officers arrived, they said a male suspect and several other patrons who were drinking alcohol became belligerent. The man was taken into custody, but other patrons then began inciting the crowd, which turned hostile toward the responding officers.
Several people began punching and kicking the officers, according to police, and additional units had to be called in from Everett Police, Medford Police and the Massachusetts State Police.
Once order was restored, five people were arrested:
- Samuel Ramos, 33, of Dorchester was charged with being a disorderly person, resisting arrest and interfering with police.
- Pedro Abreu, 53, of Chelsea was charged with being a disorderly person, resisting arrest and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. He was also arrested on six outstanding warrants.
- Jose Rosado-Cruz, 30, of East Boston was charged with assault and battery on a police officer, being a disorderly person and resisting arrest.
- Emily Joyce Emerson, 22, of Lynn was charged with two counts of assault and battery on a police officer and being a disorderly person.
- Yoselin Enid Rosado, 33, of Roxbury was charged with assault and battery on a police officer and being a disorderly person.
"It's extremely disappointing to see adults behave in this manner in an establishment that is designed for young family fun," Everett Police Chief Steven Mazzie said. "I'm thankful that our officers were able to restore order in a quick manner and were able to hold those responsible for the disturbance accountable for their actions."
All five suspects were arraigned Monday in Malden District Court. No details on bail or their legal representation was immediately available.
This isn't the first time a trip to the popular childhood venue has gone wrong. Earlier this year, a dozen people were involved in a brawl at a Manchester, Connecticut Chuck E. Cheese's that was caught on camera. In that case, the group left before police arrived. And in 2014, two people were arrested following a fight at a Chuck E. Cheese's birthday party in Orange, Connecticut.