Neighbors say they're disgusted after an American flag was burned Thursday night in Everett, Massachusetts.
Surveillance video from a nearby shop, The Corner Store, caught three young men running from the scene.
"I heard the commotion out here at 11:30 last night, but I didn't know what it was," said neighbor Cindy Dirusso. "It's unbelievable, you can't do that to the flag."
In the video, one young man can be seen stepping on a garbage can on the sidewalk along Bucknam Street and lighting the flag on fire.
The flag was on a pole, which attached to a telephone pole.
In the video, you can also see sparks raining down.
Firefighters responded to the scene around 11:30 p.m., after the convenience store owner says an off-duty police officer called the fire in.
The flag has been on the pole for as long as neighbors can remember, and they say it's a neighborhood fixture.
"It absolutely infuriates me," said neighbor Ed Dougan, who described the suspects as "punks."
Everett Police say the matter is under investigation.