One Person Shot During Home Invasion in Conn. | NECN


The latest news from around the state

One Person Shot During Home Invasion in Conn.

Duchess County Police

Police have identified and obtained an arrest warrant for the suspect involved in a Bridgewater home invasion and Waterbury car break-ins. 

Dustin Holst-Grubbe of Millterton, New York, is accused of home invasion, assault of an elderly person, first-degree assault with a deadly weapon, stealing a firearm, two counts of burglary and larceny and credit card theft. 

Last week, police said Victor Compe, 64, was shot during a home invasion early Thursday morning. His wife, Samantha Moore, 63, was also home at the time but was not injured. 

State police said they received the 911 call around 3:40 a.m. to respond to 606 South Main St. because a male resident, identified as Compe, had been shot. The caller, Moore, was administering aid to her husband.

Compe was alert when troopers arrived and he was rushed to Danbury Hospital. His wound does not appear life-threatening, police said Friday.

During the search, police shut down a mile-long stretch of road after the home invasion and found a shotgun and a vehicle on South Main Street that had been reported stolen out of New York.

A resident near the home invasion scene also reported a vehicle was stolen and officers later recovered a vehicle in Waterbury reported stolen from Bridgewater.

Police were able to determine that the car recovered in Waterbury and multiple other stolen cars in New York were linked to the Bridgewater home invasion, Connecticut State Police said. 

The day before the home invasion, Holst-Grubbe allegedly stole money from the Oakhurst Diner in Millerton, New York. 

On Aug. 7, Holst-Grubbe turned himself into Millerton Police.

On Aug. 8 and 9, multiple arrest warrants were being prepared for Holst-Grubbe by Western District Major Crime, Middletown (NY) Police Department and the Duchess County Sheriff's office (NY) for crimes committed in their respective jurisdictions, Connecticut State Police said.

Dustin Holst-Grubbe is currently being held in New York for charges determined through their investigation. The Connecticut warrant will be served upon the authorization of the courts and Holst-Grubbe’s transfer to Connecticut.