The Boston Red Sox announced Sunday that there will be a major field staff update for the team's 2016 season.
These changes include:
- John Farrell, who was on medical leave since Aug. 14 to receive chemotherapy treatment for Stage 1 lymphoma, will return to his role as manager for the 2016 season.
- Torey Lovullo, who was serving as the interim manager since Farrell went on leave, will return to his role as bench coach for the 2016 season.
- Third base coach Brian Butterfield, hitting coach Chili Davis, assistant hitting coach Victor Rodriguez, and pitching coach Carl Willis will all continue with their current roles. Dana LeVangie, who served as interim bench coach since August, will also be retained and move back to his role as bullpen coach.
- First base coach Arnie Beyeler and strength and conditioning coach Pat Sandora will not return for the season.
- Interim bullpen coach Bob Kipper will return to his role as pitching coach for Triple-A Pawtucket.