Church Evacuated Due to Fire - NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Church Evacuated Due to Fire

Heavy smoke was reported inside First United Methodist Church

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Church Evacuated Due to Fire
    FILE - necn

    A New Hampshire church was evacuated due to a 1-alarm fire on Monday afternoon.

    The fire at First United Methodist Church at 129 Miller Ave. in Portsmouth was reported at 1:30 p.m. According to Seacoastonline.com, a group of bridge players had to be evacuated due to heavy smoke in the building.

    All companies are still on scene, and the area has been blocked off. Motorists are urged to avoid the area if at all possible.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.