Firefighters in Concord, Massachusetts awoke Wednesday morning to deal with a fire, but the blaze was inside their own station.
Three firefighters were asleep when the alarm went off for a two-alarm fire in the main dispatch center in Station 2 at 1201 Main St.
Chief Mark Cotreau said, “You’re being woken up out of a sound sleep and the fire is not down the street, it’s in your own place.”
They could not reach their own equipment since the fire was in the main bays.
The firefighters had to wait for help to arrive.
One of the engines suffered substantial smoke and heat damage and had to remain in the bay. Officials say that the vehicle may be a total loss and would be worth $498,000 to replace.
The other two have smoke damage and were removed from the bay.
All three firefighters made it out of the building safely.
Cotreau said, "We’re very fortunate and they did a great job to act on the smoke detector activation just like we tell the public to do. They did the same thing and it worked.”