Two young boys were injured when a bounce house blew 50 feet away in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sunday afternoon.
One of the boys, a 2-year-old, was flown to Tufts Medical Center in critical condition after the incident at Sullivan Farm.
A 4-year-old boy was taken to a local hospital.
"This was a considerable impact, and we're very concerned," said Michael O'Brien of Nashua Fire.
The bounce house, which was being set up for a fundraising event, was not open to the public and was not completely tethered to the ground, says the co-owner of a company that helped set up the event.
"We're really safety-conscious, but this was unfortunate," said Rickety Ranch co-owner Gary Bergeron. "It wasn't ready, it wasn't tied down properly, it just wasn't meant to be used."
Nashua Police said state and local agencies are investigating whether the device was closed off.
NECN will have more as this story develops.