Dog Helps Alert Conn. Family When Fire Breaks Out | NECN
Connecticut

Connecticut

The latest news from around the state

Dog Helps Alert Conn. Family When Fire Breaks Out

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBCConnecticut.com

    A Portland family is OK after their dog, and smoke detectors, alerted them about a fire. 

    Fire officials said a small electrical fire sparked behind a home on Indian Hill Avenue and the dog and smoke detectors alerted the family to evacuate. 

    Firefighters put the fire out before it spread to the house. 

    The house is still inhabitable, but will need some electrical repairs. 

    The fire marshal is investigating.