Dog Saves Family From Apartment Fire | NECN
Vermont

Vermont

The latest news from around the state

Dog Saves Family From Apartment Fire

A family dog is to thank for awakening a Vermont family of three to a fire in their apartment

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Dog Saves Family From Apartment Fire
    FILE - Getty Images

    A family dog is to thank for awakening a Vermont family of three to a fire in their apartment.

    The American Red Cross says it believes there were no smoke detectors or fire extinguishers in their apartment in Sharon. The fire broke out Thursday night.

    The family of three, including an infant, escaped the fire with only the clothing they were wearing.

    Red Cross volunteers provided them with assistance.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.