Family Hospitalized; Carbon Monoxide Suspected | NECN
Rhode Island

Rhode Island

The latest news from around the state

Family Hospitalized; Carbon Monoxide Suspected

A father and his two children are hospitalized after their mom came home to find them unconscious of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Family Hospitalized; Carbon Monoxide Suspected

    A father and his two children are hospitalized after their mom came home to find them unconscious of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Firefighters say Tuesday's blizzard blew snow over a boiler vent at the family's Providence, Rhode Island, home, causing carbon monoxide to back up into the house.

    The woman opened the windows and got them out of the house, then called 911.

    Firefighters measured extremely high levels of carbon monoxide. They said carbon monoxide detectors in the home were 10 years old and did not go off.

    The children were being treated at Hasbro Children's Hospital. The father was being treated at Rhode Island Hospital. Their conditions were not known. 

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.