Fire Caused by Candle Destroys Home | NECN
Maine

Maine

The latest news from around the state

Fire Caused by Candle Destroys Home

A Maine family is safe after fire started by a candle destroyed their home in Clinton.

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Fire Caused by Candle Destroys Home

    A Maine family is safe after fire started by a candle destroyed their home in Clinton.

    The fire chief says unattended candle in a bathroom caught a shower curtain on fire on Friday night. He says high winds caused the fire to take off quickly.

    A husband, wife, three kids and two dogs made it out of the home safely.

    The Red Cross is helping the family with housing and other needs. 

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.