4-Alarm Fire at Portsmouth Gas Light Restaurant in New Hampshire - NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

4-Alarm Fire at Portsmouth Gas Light Restaurant in New Hampshire

Streets in the downtown area are being shut down

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Firefighters in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, battled a fire at a popular restaurant. (Published Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2015)

    Fire crews are at the scene of a 4-alarm blaze on the roof of the popular Portsmouth Gas Light restaurant. 

    The fire broke out around 10:30 a.m. on the roof of at 64 Market St., which houses the Gas Light. The 3-story brick building also houses a nightclub and several apartments. It is located right in the middle of a busy downtown block that includes many other businesses.

    Fire departments from numerous neighboring towns are responding, and streets in the downtown area are being shut down as firefighters work to douse the flames.

    No further information was immediately available.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.