Fire in Apartment Building in Derry, New Hampshire | NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Fire in Apartment Building in Derry, New Hampshire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Fire in Apartment Building in Derry, New Hampshire
    Derry Fire

    Emergency officials responded to an apartment fire in Derry, New Hampshire, on Tuesday.

    Crews used a large dry chemical extinguisher to put out the fire and shut down the oil feed to the boiler in the basement.

    All residents of the 21 Linlew Dr. building were evacuated.

    Low levels of carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide were present in the smoke throughout the building.

    A warming center was opened at the Club House (18 Linlew Dr.) to give the residents a place to keep warm.

    Residents were allowed back into the building after ventilation was complete.

    Fire damage is limited to the boiler, pipes and chimney.

    No injuries were reported.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.