Fire in Camper, Warehouse Accidental - NECN
Vermont

Vermont

The latest news from around the state

Fire in Camper, Warehouse Accidental

There were no reported injuries

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Fire in Camper, Warehouse Accidental
    File Photo

    Vermont fire investigators say fires in a camper and in a nearby St. Albans warehouse were accidental.

    St. Albans police say the owner of the warehouse was removing metal siding from the building at about 6 p.m. Sunday when a piece of the siding fell, severing the building's electrical power line.

    The line arced against the building and then dropped onto the camper, causing the separate fires.

    Police say 41 firefighters from the city and town of St. Albans extinguished both fires.

    There were no reported injuries.

    The fire also destroyed an electrical transformer, leaving about 1,800 people without electricity for two hours. 

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.