Firefighters: Candle Led to Apartment Fire | NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Firefighters: Candle Led to Apartment Fire

Authorities say a candle that was knocked over led to an apartment fire that burned a woman and displaced six people in Keene, New Hampshire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Firefighters: Candle Led to Apartment Fire
    File

    Authorities say a candle that was knocked over led to an apartment fire that burned a woman and displaced six people in Keene, New Hampshire.

    The candle was in a second-floor bedroom and the fire spread quickly Friday night. A 41-year-old woman who lived in the apartment suffered second-degree burns while leaving. She was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital; her condition and name weren't immediately available Monday.

    A dead cat was found in one of the apartments.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.