The Melrose, Massachusetts, fire department responded to a three-alarm fire at 62 Goss Ave. in Melrose on Sunday afternoon. No one was harmed in the fire.
Fire Chief Chris Leary says that a propane grill was out on the back deck and was on. Nine fire trucks from multiple fire departments showed up to the blaze. Firefighters are on rotation to extinguish the blaze, and have a cooling station set up to battle the heat. One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.
Leary said, “The gear that the firefighters wear. It's to protect them from the thermal heat inside, but it ultimately it has an effect on you when the temperatures are as hot and humid as it is today, but the firefighters did a great job. It was a stubborn fire to fight."