Dog Rescued from House Fire | NECN
Connecticut

Connecticut

The latest news from around the state

Dog Rescued from House Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Dog Rescued from House Fire
    NBCConnecticut.com
    Firefighters rescued a dog from a fire in Manchester on Friday morning.

    Firefighters rescued a dog after an overheated power strip caused a fire at 691 East Middle Turnpike in Manchester on Friday morning.

    Drivers who were passing by the home called 911 at 10 a.m., and firefighters arrived within four minutes to find heavy smoke coming from the second floor and fire from one bedroom window.

    Manchester fire chief David Billings said the family wasn't home at the time and firefighters determined that the fire broke out in a second-floor bedroom.

    The dog crews rescued was covered in soot, but Manchester Animal Control provided immediate care and the pet was taken to a veterinarian's office as a precaution.

    The fire was under control as of 10:12 p.m.

    Three adults and three children have been displaced.