Propane Problem Leads to Home Explosion, Fire - NECN
Maine

Maine

The latest news from around the state

Propane Problem Leads to Home Explosion, Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Propane Problem Leads to Home Explosion, Fire
    necn

    A problem with propane caused Thursday's home explosion and fire in Union, Maine. 

    Fire investigators say two portable propane heaters had been installed in the house during renovations, and a problem with either the heaters or the gas line caused a buildup of propane, which then ignited. 

    The two-story farmhouse was leveled.

    The occupants of the residence had been staying elsewhere because of the renovations. 

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.