Hotel Evacuated Due to Dryer Fire - NECN

Hotel Evacuated Due to Dryer Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Hotel Evacuated Due to Dryer Fire
    NBC 6 South Florida
    FILE PHOTO: The exterior of a Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables, Florida. A fire broke out Thursday at the location in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. No one was injured.

    A hotel in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, was evacuated after a dryer fire sent smoke billowing throughout the four-story structure.

    The Portsmouth Herald reports that firefighters were called to the Courtyard Marriott shortly after 10 a.m. Friday to extinguish flames coming from a commercial dryer.

    The fire was quickly extinguished but about 20 guests at the hotel plus employees were evacuated while firefighters checked all four floors and vented smoke from the building.

    No injuries were reported.

    Deputy Fire Chief Carl Roediger says the fire may have been caused by towels in the dryer that may have been tainted with something combustible.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.