Some Increased Boston Security in Wake of London Attacks - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Some Increased Boston Security in Wake of London Attacks

Authorities in Boston step up security in response to London attacks

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Boston officials increase security after most recent attacks in London

    (Published Sunday, June 4, 2017)

    Passengers returning to Logan Airport from London noticed increased security in the wake of the most recent terrorist attacks in England

    Servi Barriatos, who returned to Boston from London, Sunday, said passengers were required to pre-check before checking in luggage. "There were a lot of people," he told reporters, "a lot of cops."

    British Prime Minister Theresa May said seven people died and another 50 were injured when a terrorist drove a van into a crowd of people on London Bridge.

    In response to last night's attack, Boston Police Commissioner Bill Evans asked police to be extra vigilant as a precaution.

    "There is no threat to the city," said Evans.

    Boston Mayor Martin Walsh urged citizens to resume daily life, even as many heighten caution. "People shouldn't change their patterns of life just because of what's happening," said Mayor Walsh, "We do want to tell everyone that if you see something out of the ordinary...call it in."

    Yesterday's attack comes just a few weeks after a terrorist detonated a bomb at an Ariana Grande concert, in Manchester, England, killing 22 people.

    MBTA police say they are also keeping a watchful eye on the developments in London. So far, no threats have been made against in agency.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android