MBTA fare changes are scheduled to take effect on Friday.
Starting July 1, the following changes will take place:
- Rapid Transit fare on a CharlieCard increased from $2.10 to $2.25
- Rapid Transit fare on a CharlieTicket or Cash increased from $2.65 to $2.75
- Local Bus fare on a CharlieCard increased from $1.60 to $1.70
- Local Bus fare on a CharlieTicket or Cash $2.10 and lowered to $2.00
- Local Bus Monthly Pass increased from $50 to $55
- LinkPass Monthly increased from $75 to $84.50
- 7-Day Link Pass increased from $19 to $21.25
- Senior/TAP Monthly Pass increased from $29 to $30
- Student Monthly Pass increased from $26 to $30
The MBTA Board voted in March to put all increased fare revenue into a lock box to fund repairs and improvements to the oldest transit system in the U.S.