Man Charged With Felony for Fake Election News Release - NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Man Charged With Felony for Fake Election News Release

Carl Gibson, 28, of Concord, NH, was charged Friday

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Man Charged With Felony for Fake Election News Release
    FILE - Getty Images

    New Hampshire's attorney general says a man faces a felony charge after sending out a fake news release saying a woman vying for a House set in a special election had dropped out of the race.

    Attorney General Joseph Foster says 28-year-old Carl Gibson of Concord was charged Friday with felony voter suppression and a misdemeanor count of distributing a false document.

    The target of that press release - 19-year-old Republican Yvonne Dean-Bailey - won the election to represent Candia, Deerfield, Northwood and Nottingham by a close margin over Maureen Mann.

    Gibson, who had been working for Mann, is scheduled to be arraigned June 22 in Concord District Court. He told the Concord Monitor earlier this week he "probably had one too many beers" before sending out the false email.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.