Man Dies After Being Engulfed by Flames When Lighting Stove | NECN
Maine

Maine

The latest news from around the state

Man Dies After Being Engulfed by Flames When Lighting Stove

Officials say Charles Rathburn, who would have turned 66 Friday, was attempting to light his wood stove with gasoline Tuesday afternoon

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Man Dies After Being Engulfed by Flames When Lighting Stove
    Getty Images/iStockphoto

    A Columbia Falls, Maine, man has died after being engulfed by flames as he was trying to light his wood stove, according to the State Fire Marshal's Office.

    Officials say Charles Rathburn, who would have turned 66 Friday, was attempting to light his wood stove with gasoline Tuesday afternoon around 4 at his home at 1182 Tibbettstown Rd.

    The fire was reported by a neighbor who saw smoke coming from the house. There was smoke and fire damage to the home.

    This is the 7th fire death of the year in Maine.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.