Man Overdoses in Bathroom of Home Depot - NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Man Overdoses in Bathroom of Home Depot

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Man Overdoses in Bathroom of Home Depot
    FILE - Getty Images

    Police say a 25-year-old man was hospitalized after he overdosed on prescription medication in the men's bathroom of a Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Home Depot.

    Seacoastonline.com reports police and firefighters were dispatched to the home improvement giant's location on Arthur Brady Drive around 8:15 a.m. Monday.

    Staff reported finding a man, who wasn't identified, unconscious and unresponsive in the store's bathroom. Fire Chief Steve Achilles says the man regained consciousness before crews arrived on the scene.

    Achilles says Narcan, an antidote used to revive overdose victims, wasn't needed in this incident.

    The man was taken by ambulance to Portsmouth Regional Hospital.

    Achilles says the man overdosed by taking prescription medication that wasn't prescribed to him.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.