Man Seriously Burned After Home Explosion and Fire | NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Man Seriously Burned After Home Explosion and Fire

Fire officials say he was renovating his house when he accidentally punctured an aerosol can in the basement

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Man Seriously Burned After Home Explosion and Fire
    FILE

    Officials say a Franklin, New Hampshire, man suffered second-degree burns after a small explosion and fire in the basement of his home.

    It happened just before 2 p.m. Wednesday at his Evergreen Avenue home.

    Fire officials say he was renovating his house when he accidentally punctured an aerosol can in the basement. This caused fumes to fill up the basement until it was ignited by the gas pilot light.

    Responders found the man with burns on his legs and arms. Officials say another person was dousing him with water.

    He was taken to Franklin Regional Hospital with serious injuries that were not considered life-threatening. The house suffered minor damage.

    His identity has not been released.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.