New Hampshire Man Shocked While Installing Christmas Lights With Metal Pole | NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

New Hampshire Man Shocked While Installing Christmas Lights With Metal Pole

Victim taken to Boston hospital for treatment

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Frank Heinz

    A New Hampshire man was hospitalized on Monday after being shocked while installing Christmas lights outside a home in Merrimack.

    Fire officials said the man was using a large metal pole with a hook on the end to install the lights onto a tree, when the pole made contact with nearby power lines.

    Authorities said the metal pole transferred 19,900 volts into the man, shocking him.

    The man, who has not been identified, was first taken to a local hospital then transported to a Boston hospital for treatment. His condition is unknown.

    "We ask that people please use caution when putting decorations up and especially around power lines," said Captain John Manuele, Merrimack Fire Marshal.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android