A major fire that broke out over Memorial Day weekend at a restaurant in Provincetown on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, is said to be accidental and caused more than $1 million in damages.
According to the state Fire Marshal’s office, the May 28 fire at the Red Shack restaurant at 315 Commercial St. started on the second floor. An extension cord was plugged into a power strip, which also had several items plugged into it.
The cause remains officially undetermined, but there is no evidence other than the overloaded cord.
According to police, the fire was battled at multiple popular eateries including the Red Shack, the Surf Club, and Tatiana's.
No one was injured.