PD: Home Explosion Likely Caused by Propane Leak | NECN
Vermont

Vermont

The latest news from around the state

PD: Home Explosion Likely Caused by Propane Leak

But police are still trying to determine what caused the line to rupture and what ignited the propane that had leaked into the house

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Keene Fire Department
    The scene of a house explosion in Guilford, Vermont, on Wednesday morning.

    Vermont fire investigators say an explosion that destroyed a Guilford home was most likely caused by a ruptured propane line in the basement of the home. 

    But police are still trying to determine what caused the line to rupture and what ignited the propane that had leaked into the house. 

    Home owner Richard Holden was trapped in the rubble for a time after the Wednesday morning explosion. 

    Police say the 64-year-old Holden remains hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.

    Crews Battle Fire in Brookline, Mass.

    [NECN] Crews Battle Fire in Brookline, Mass.
    An investigation is underway after flames tore through a home in Brookline, Massachusetts. (Published Thursday, July 28, 2016)

    Stay with necn for up-to-the-minute news and weather