Resident: 3-Alarm Peabody Blaze Caused by Lit Cigarette | NECN

Resident: 3-Alarm Peabody Blaze Caused by Lit Cigarette

One resident claims the fire started from a lit cigarette

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    (Published Monday, Dec. 26, 2016)

    A 3-alarm fire in Peabody, Massachusetts broke out Sunday evening and it may have been caused by a lit cigarette.

    The building on Washington St. is a mixed unit of apartments and a business. 

    One resident says another resident fell asleep with a lit cigarette that may have caused the fire. This claim was not confirmed by the fire department.

    One resident was taken to the hospital for evaluation.

    The Peabody fire chief says an investigation is ongoing.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android