2 Men Injured in Drive-By Shooting - NECN
Connecticut

Connecticut

The latest news from around the state

2 Men Injured in Drive-By Shooting

One victim remains in a trauma hospital.

(Published Wednesday, April 20, 2016)

Two men were shot in a drive-by shooting in Meriden early Wednesday morning and police are trying to determine who shot them.

The victims, a 23-year-old man and a 27-year-old man, were inside a car outside 27 Randolph Ave. when someone another in another vehicle arrived and shot several rounds before speeding away, police said.

Neighbors said they heard around nine gunshots.

Police received several 911 calls at 12:50 a.m. reporting the gunshots and responded to find a four-door Honda with several bullet holes, but no one was in the car.

A man who said he is like a brother to one of the victims said the two men ran into a house to search for help when the shooting stopped.

Officers then heard screams from the second-floor porch and learned that the victims were inside. Both had been shot several times.

An ambulance brought one victim to a hospital out of town, while LifeStar flew the other victim to a trauma hospital.

One victim has been released, but the other remains in the hospital. Their names have not been released.

Police have since left the scene. They are investigating and ask anyone with information to call Meriden Police at (203) 630-6215.

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS